Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

A Tip from the Idiot who Gave Up Reading From Friday to Sunday

Guys, I'm about to do something big here. It's a one time thing, so don't expect it to happen again. But....I am....

Calling myself a monkey.

Ow.
That really hurt.

But I had to do it, and here's why. People have been asking me lately (because since I'm Christian they think I'm all religions) what I gave up for lent. And I would reply, nothing you monkey, I'm an evangelist. However, and this is something that my family chooses to do, we give up something from Good Friday to Easter Sunday out of respect to the one we consider the savior of our immortal souls. Everyone else in my family fasts, but I said NO FREAKING WAY! So I gave up reading and writing instead.

Turns out I would have rather fasted.

But truly, my friends, it has reignited a flame I forgot I had for writing. And so, I press on. If you're in a slump, and are as masochistic as I am, I suggest you give it a try.

Forever Thinking, 
Becca Lathorn

Happy late Easter! May your baskets be filled with milk chocolate, and your mouths be filled with ham!

No comments:

Post a Comment