Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

NaNoWriMo Announced!


It's that magical time of year again luvies, NANOWRIMO! (Dun-dun-dun-duuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnn!)

*Official Explanation: National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo as many know it, is a annual internet-based dare, to write a full length novel in the span of a month. The official month is in November but they also include summer months such as June and August. Standard length for the novel is 50,000 words, around 1500 words a day. Click the following nonsensical sentences to learn more.
NaNoWriMo: Hello, my name is Mustache McFerguson and if you have never been to space then how can you know whether the chicken came before the egg or vice versa?
NaNo's Young Writers Program (For those under eighteen): Did you know that 43% of all jokes end in Popsicles?
Camp NaNoWriMo: Gluing earplugs to your cheeks are a great way to avoid catching your hair on fire.

"Butt Bec-uh, why u b doin' nam-mo-wiii-mo? Ain't u supposed 2 b doin' the college things?"~Love, a Monkey

-Shut up, go back to your corner.

Yes, I am still going to try NaNo this year, even though I'm super busy with college stuf. After three years of participating I still contend that losing is just as fun as winning in NaNo. So no, I do not expect to win. But to be able to get my idea off the ground and try new things is enough to give it a shot anyway. Besides, I can't resist. I just love NaNo, with all my heart and soul. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's in the bible. In fact, I'll look it up. Let's see here, *shuffles through pages in bible*, Ah! Here it is. 1 Opinions 3:28=Doing NaNoWriMo makes Jesus happy. See? There you have it. NaNoWriMo.

Wanna see the synopsis? Here it is!

<><><><><>


Mandy was a country hick, or so she felt when she first left Feay, Mississippi. But with nothing but a duffle full of essentials and a full ride to Columbia University she made her way in New York. Now the head writer for a critically acclaimed sitcom and New York Time's Number One Bestseller for her much beloved Fairy Tales, Mandy feels like she finally belongs in the city. But now that city loves her, will she ever be taken back by the country? And does she even want it too?

Dewy has never been the brightest kid. But along side his best friend Aaron and his older sister Mandy it never seemed to matter. However, since Mandy left for the city nothing's been right, and Dewy struggles to hold onto what little he has left. It's not easy though, with his parents all but disowning Mandy and Aaron growing more and more distant with every passing day. And now that Jane moved into town, what once was friendship is now a war to see who gets the girl. And if Dewy doesn't wise up, he's going to lose his sister, best friend and new-found crush.

Aaron doesn't want to admit it, but the city is calling his name. Ever since his best friend Dewy's older sister Mandy left, he's grown bored with the sleepy town of Feay. And the more adventures he hears from his grandpa, the more things he reads about Mandy's exploits in New York, the more he dreams about leaving the country. And when Jane shows up in town, with her ocean hair and her electric eyes, Aaron can't deny it any longer, even if it means abandoning his best friend and hometown in the process. 

In a series of letters, find out how Mandy Dewy and Aaron discover what it means to follow their dreams, no matter what the price.
<><><><><>


By the way, I want you to be a part of this too. No, I don't mean that you need to write a whole dang book with me, I'm only forcing Princess Faith  too do that. (By the way, I am not giving you all permission to go and troll her blog, forcing her to do NaNoWriMo, but at the same time I'm not your mother so I can't control what you do. Even with subliminal messaging or reverse psychology.) What I mean is that I want you to be able to reap the benefits of a story in a month without having to do any of the work. What can I say? I'm a giving soul. So I'll be posting the letters that will make up the story on a separate blog I'm starting, http://mandyinthecity.blogspot.com/. So follow along if you so desire.

UPDATE: THE BLOG FOR LETTERS TO MANDY IS OFFICIALLY DOWN. SORRY PEEPS.

Well, I'm not going to hold you here any longer. Go forth and prosper. Happy NaNo everyone!


Stats of the Week
Song: Funeral by To Kill A King
Book: Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
Word: Manipulation
Quote:  "Princess Faith should do NaNoWriMo."
-Jesus and Han Solo



www.beccalathorn.weebly.com
www.tumblr.com/plotkiller
www.facebook.com/beccalathorn

No comments:

Post a Comment