Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My First Rejection Follow Up: Why People Sometimes Rock

Remember post I put up today? Well, here's an explanation.
Today during class I got my first rejection letter.
Ten minutes later I got my second.
A half an hour later I got my third.

But that's not what's important. How my friends responded is important.

ShellyCullen: (aka my bestest writer friend who writes some kick-[censored] romance!) - Look Becca, it said they don't have the time for you. That doesn't mean you suck. It doesn't even count.

Casey: They didn't spell unfortunately right, obviously they are illiterate.

Faith: They don't know what they're missing! Keep your head up and preserver!

Raquel: I'd love to sympathize with you Becca, but you really need to stop querying idiots.

Tabby: THE PUBLISHING INDUSTRY WILL CRUSH YOUR BALLS BUT YOU WILL HAVE A BEST SELLER SOMEDAY AND THEN YOU WILL CALL ALL THE AGENTS THAT TURNED YOU DOWN AND SHOUT IN THEIR FACES [CENSORED] YEAH! [CENSORED] YOU!

Good ol'Pops: Your Dad's (referring to himself) pretty smart, don't you think? (Awkwardly turned my head around, but he didn't notice). Well, when I got out of law school blah blah blah got rejected a lot and made wallpaper. Don't give up on your dreams.

Sister: Go away Becca.

Mommy: (Just held out her arms and gave me a hug, letting me scream vengeance into her shoulder. Moms rock.)


The moral of the story, kiddies, is that when publishing sucks moms rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment