Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My So Called "Process"

Do not rant about queries do not rant about queries do not rant about queries

Oh, hey.

Didn't see you th-NO I WASN'T THINKING ABOUT COMPLAINING ABOUT QUERIES AND THE BUTT SCRATCHING MONKIES THAT KEEP REJECTING ME!!!!

Shut up, I wasn't even thinking about it.

....

You know what I was thinking about? Because it wasn't writing queries
or sending them
or getting rejected
or trying to become a zombie to make it all easier
or how many hugs my mom will give me before she starts getting sick of my neediness.

I was thinking how I wrote my first quer-BOOK! I was thinking about how I wrote my first book.

Yeah, here it is.
Title- I like the word Scrapper. I should use it as a name. Better yet, I'll make it a book.

First sentence-Dragons! This will be about Dragons! It's so obvious, even from the first line. OHMIGOSH why is Mom watching Pysch without me?

First Chapter-Where the heck did that go? Thieves? What happened to the dragons? No one's going to read this. Might as well give up.

Third Chapter-Wow. I've never written this much before. Maybe I'll actually finish this. Probably not. Should just move on to the next story.

Chapter Six-Persistant little monkey, won't leave me alone!

Chapter Twelve-What's an outline?

Chatper Nineteen-I can't beileve it! I'm going to finish a book! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! HEY LOOK! SHINY! FOLLOW SHINY!

Chaper Twenty-Hmmm...when was the last time I ate?

Chapter Twenty-One- YES BOOYA I'M AWESOME I RULE I'M THE FREAKING BEST CAN'T TOUCH THIS!!!!!! Haha, that was great.

One year later-Hmmm....It says here I need to send out something called a "query" to get an agent. Ha, easy. People are already begging to read my book, getting an agent will be easy. Just gotta polish it up a bit.

If only I knew......
(See what I did there? It's called foreshadowing. I learned that when I wrote the book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment