Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Happy Scrapper

~*Yesterday didn't feel like a real blog, so I'm doing this...*~




Did this on paint program....

Before I get myself geared up for August's NaNoWriMo, I wanted to get in as much writing The Order of Vemberia series as I could. See, I left the second book with a very big cliff hanger and people are starting to get desperate. (Like bargaining their first born child serious.) Plus, while this book has to be some of the best writing I've done in my life, it has also taken me the longest. Scrapper: The Connection Reborn took me a year to write, Snatcher: The Bridge Restored took me six months. And I don't know, maybe its because this year has been the busiest of my life or maybe it's just that I'm really savoring this book, but it's taken me the time it took Scrapper and Snatcher combined, and I'm still just half way through. But I digress.

What I mean to say in this blog is that in this book, due to all the awesome character development that my main character Scrapper has gone through, I finally get to write a happy Scrapper. I cannot tell you how thoroughly I enjoy writing this character. At the best of times she's mean sarcastic and just a little bit silly. At the worst she's violent rash and just a little bit crazy. Do you know how much fun it is to write a crazy person? So. Much. Fun. You get to invent your own messed up logic and they get to do all the things that none of your other characters can. You can basically do whatever you want with them, nothing is off limits. So to be able to finally let this character have a good day? It's revealed a lot about her. Apparently, even when happy she's not that great of a person, not someone you'd necessarily invite to dinner. Yes, this had come out in little bits in the other books, but I never realized just how much of a class clown she is when she's not serious. She can actually keep up with her male counterpart Zane, which is saying something. Trust me.


So writing happy Scrapper=fun times friends. What about you? What kind of character do you crave to create (and/or watch on TV if your not crazy like me)?

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Im in love with that book series. lol. Scrapper is an amazing character!

    ReplyDelete