Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

You're the Author

*This is a little prompt writing that I thought I would share with all of you. Enjoy!

A book is so much more then what a writer puts on a page. Because, in reality, those words are merely a guide. A single book, if you can believe it, can be hundreds of stories just in one. It applies to the common concept of one event, many different interpretations. For example, read this phrase.

Happy Place.


What was your first impression? The first thing that popped into your head? I can tell you that I thought of a meadow. A good friend of mine (whom I read this back too) thought about warm cookies. And it'll be different for you. Maybe you thought about puppies, or Christmas, or maybe someone you love. Even in these words I continue to write, you are forming your own unique meaning behind them, one that I can't possibly understand.

And that is one of the things that amazes me about writing. Not just that it'll touch everyone, but how it touches everyone, that everyone will recreate it to have a purely unique meaning. If I could only look into your minds eye, to see how you've taken my words and used them to make your tale. Because I'm not the author of this story.

You are.




~*Notes on No Matter What You Do, Stick With the Pack*~
Stick with the Pack is under going it's first round of editing, and if you are interested in being a Beta reader it is available on Wattpad. Check the Widget in the side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment